Indoor vs Outdoor Cats
Pawmetto Lifeline strongly recommends that cats remain indoors only. Research has found that indoor cats live longer, healthier, happier lives, which we certainly want for your purr-fect feline!
Below are some excellent reading materials about indoor/outdoor cats and transitioning one from the other. We've also included some helpful resources for dealing with some common problems you might encounter with indoor cats. Please refer to these resources as you acclimate your new kitten/cat to your home and its new environment.
- "Why All Cats Should be Indoor Cats" (PETA.org)
- "Why Cats Should Not Be Let Outside" (DivineCaroline.com)
- "Home Sweet Home: Bringing Your Outside Cat In" (Humane Society of the United States)
- "Cat-Proofing Your Home" (Humane Society of the United States)
- "Declawing Cats: Far Worse Than a Manicure" (Humane Society of the United States)
- "Dealing with Destructive Scratching" (ASPCA)
- "Dealing with Litter Box Problems" (ASPCA)