‘Tis the season for gift giving and warm holiday cheer. It is important not to forget the furry members of your family during the Holidays. To help you, we have created a list of fun gift ideas for cats and dogs!
- Home-made treats: Try some of Martha Stewarts Paw Print Dog treats or Becky Hardin’s Catnip Croutons: Homemade Cat Treats or Paw Print Dog Treats
- Catnip Sock Toys: Have a sock that you cannot find the mate to? Try turning it into a fun new toy for your kitty! Just fill the sock with some catnip and either sew the parts together so the sock is sealed or tie tightly with a piece of yarn, which will allow you to refill the sock in the future.
- Personalized Pet Bowl: You can purchase ceramic bowls at any craft store, pet store, or home supplies store. You will also need some food-safe ceramic paint. Decorate with your pet’s name and get crafty. You can also try-out Martha Stewart’s tutorial for these beautiful hand decorated bowls.
- Cat Teaser: We all know how fun it is to dangle brightly colored jingly things in front of our cats. For Christmas, you could give you cat a new toy made with love. Have some left over fabric? Cut this in strips. Tie the middle of the strips together with another piece of fabric. Use a jump ring or old key ring and attach the fabric from the middle. Tie to a piece of satin cord, or something that is comfortable for you and your kitty. You can also try Martha Stewart’s project plan for a feather teaser.
- Dog Tugga Toy: Do you have some old stretchy t-shirts or pants that you no longer wear? Well instead of throwing them away, these can be used to make a fun chew toy for your dog. Just follow the easy guidelines in Craftbits’ tutorial and you will have a new play toy for your dog.
However, DIY may not be for you around this busy time of year.
Fortunately, Pawmetto Lifeline’s pet store offers great gifts for cats and dogs of all ages and sizes.
Some of the items on offer include our new 2015 Midlands First Responder calendar, limited edition Pawmetto Lifeline t-shirts, and our special hot/cold beverage tumblers!
All of these gift items and more are available on our online store or at the Pawmetto Lifeline facilities at 1275 Bower Parkway. And remember, 100% of proceeds from all of the times sold by Pawmetto Lifeline go back to helping homeless pets in the Midlands!