Right now there are cute and cuddly homeless pets that need foster homes. These wonderful dogs and cats, puppies and kittens are looking for loving, compassionate people like you to help them until they find their forever home! If that didn’t convince you that you should head right over to Pawmetto Lifeline and sign up to become a foster home, here are 10 benefits of fostering.
10. Fostering allows more homeless pets to be taken into the rescue shelter by rotating them in and out, which in turn saves more of our furry friend’s lives!
9. Un-socialized pets will get more individual attention, increase their exposure, and in turn increase their chance of being finding a forever home.
8. You will get a sense of pride knowing that you helped an animal find a wonderful and loving home.
7. Fostering gives animals a chance for exploration that they would not get in a shelter’s limited space.
6. Feral kittens and young adult cats need help with socializing. Being one on one with these cats will make their transition into a home much easier.
5. Because not all dogs, and especially puppies, are fully trained, a home environment can help teach these pets appropriate home behaviors like house training and greeting people.
4. You will never be bored with a foster pet around! They are an endless source of entertainment from cuddles to training to playing.
3. By fostering a pet, you have joined a community of people who do the same. Lean on each other for support and questions and make new friends in the process of fostering a pet!
2. Fostering is a way to test out if your family is ready to adopt. The shorter time frame is a good way to see if you and your family can fully commit before adopting a pet.
1. Knowing you made a difference in that animal’s life is paramount. You have provided these pets with a comforting and nurturing home and that is a great feeling that you’ll want to do it all over again!
Pawmetto Lifeline provides training, crates, medical care, and 24/7 case managers to help you through the fostering process to ensure both you and your foster have the best experience possible.
If you are interested in joining the community of foster homes and helping these furry friends get adopted, contact DeeAnn Jones for more information at email@example.com.