Raffle 4 Rescues 50/50 Lottery
Date: March 1, 2017
WINTER RAFFLE WINNER: #777
Total Jackpot: $4,858 50/50 Split: $2,429
All proceeds will be split 50/50 between Pawmetto Lifeline and the winning ticket holder. Tickets are $5. Win up to $40,000!
Raffle 4 Rescues 50/50 Lottery Official Rules:
1. DESCRIPTION: Raffle 4 Rescues 50/50 Lottery is a quarterly raffle whereby tickets are sold by Pawmetto Lifeline and the net proceeds of the raffle are split between Pawmetto Lifeline and the winning ticket holder. Tickets are sold for $5 each.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This raffle is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees and board members of Pawmetto Lifeline and their immediate family or household members are not eligible to enter or win. Volunteers are eligible to enter the drawing and win. Subject to all applicable Federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: One Raffle will be held each quarter of the year. You may enter a raffle by purchasing raffle tickets sold for $5 each at Pawmetto Lifeline or Care-A-Van locations (www.careavansc.com). By participating in this raffle, you agree to follow these contest rules. By accepting a prize, you give us your permission (except where prohibited) to use your name, likeness and statements for publicity purposes without additional compensation including display of your name and image. Unauthorized persons copying, selling, or altering tickets are subject to prosecution.
4. DRAWING: Prize winner will be selected from a random drawing of all eligible entries. Drawing will be held on the day designated on front of ticket at 5:00pm EST. Ticket only valid for the quarterly drawing designated on the ticket. Winning ticket number will be announced immediately following the drawing. Winner MUST present ticket with corresponding winning number within 30 business days to claim prize winnings. If the winner does not come forward and present the winning ticket within 30 business days, another winner will be drawn and contacted. No substitutions of prizes. All tickets sold are non-refundable. The odds of winning for each entry are 1/total number of entries received.
5. PRIZE: 50% of
the total raffle ticket revenue collected during the applicable quarter. Payment of taxes
will be the sole responsibility of the winner. The cash prize will be paid to
the winner by check within 30 days of the date the prize is claimed (federal
tax withholding may apply). The designated 50/50 raffle ticket is the only
valid receipt for claiming a prize.
6. ODDS: The odds of winning the grand prize are 1/the total number of entries received.
7. GENERAL RULES: All entries and prize claims become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Released Parties (as defined below) assume no responsibility for lost, late, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, illegible, incomplete or postage-due entries, prize claims or mail. Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, winners consent to the use by Sponsor and its designees of their names and/or photographs for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without limitation and without additional compensation, notification or permission. By participating in this raffle, each entrant accepts and agrees (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects, and (ii) to release Sponsor, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective directors, officers, employees and agencies of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability of any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participating in this raffle or resulting from acceptance, or use/misuse of the prize. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the raffle, violates the Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE RAFFLE IS A VIOLATION THE CONTEST RULES AND OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this raffle, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceedings shall take place in a federal or state court within the state of South Carolina.; 2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this raffle, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of South Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of South Carolina, or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of South Carolina. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR OR ITS RELATED ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO ANY INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS RAFFLE.
9. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: "Pawmetto Lifeline 50/50 Raffle" Winners, 1275 Bower Parkway, Columbia, SC 29212. Requests must be received within ninety (90) days after each raffle.