Thank you for your interest in Pawmetto Lifeline. Open positions listed below.
Please know we are ALWAYS in need of volunteer assistance. Learn more about volunteer opportunities here.
Part-Time Associate Veterinarian
Pawmetto Lifeline is seeking veterinarians who are interested in a balance with work and family. We are in search of a SC Licensed Veterinarian to work 20 hours within our Shelter and one weekend per month with our mobile vaccine clinic.
Our shelter veterinarians are responsible for providing leadership and direction for the medical and surgical care of shelter animals. The ideal candidate should be independent with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at once in an efficient manner. The shelter veterinarian is committed to animal welfare and has a compelling need to make a difference in the lives of the animals as well as the humans he/she encounters
Our mobile vaccine service is designed to provide pet owners with convenient access to low-cost vaccines and products to keep their dogs and cats healthy. Our service operates in various locations throughout South Carolina Friday through Sunday each week. Proceeds directly benefit Pawmetto Lifelineís mission of saving the lives of homeless pets.
Candidates must hold a DVM license in the State of South Carolina. They must have a positive work ethic and rapport with staff and clients; a professional appearance at all times; good communication, customer service, and conflict resolution skills; good time management and decision making skills; basic computer skills; be detail-oriented and organized; be able to multitask; work independently and as part of a team; interpret an animalís behavior and stress level; and lift and restrain animals. Candidates must also have knowledge of shelter facility design and operation; animal husbandry including housing, nutrition, sanitation, and disinfection; preventative medicine including vaccination; and infectious disease prevention, diagnosis, and treatment. Competitive pay and benefits package to include two weeks paid vacation, holidays off and more. No on call hours required.
Please send your resume to Janet Bartram at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports to: CEO
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing strategic marketing efforts for Pawmetto Lifeline and its programs, services, and events including: Adoptions, Spay/Neuter Clinic, Mobile Vaccine Clinic, HEART program, Volunteer Programs and Education Programs.
- Maintain and promote the brand, values and mission of Pawmetto Lifeline
- Design and create ads and collateral material including: logos, billboards, website, graphics, signage, brochures, annual newsletter, annual calendar, flyers and direct mail pieces
- Develop and implement social media strategies and supervise online presence for all programs
- Develop direct mail and online marketing strategies for awareness and fundraising
- Manage marketing budgets for organization, events and programs
- Create and manage advertising for the organization including print, outdoor, radio, television and online
- Develop relationships with local media outlets and submit press releases
- Schedule interviews, articles and appearances for various events and programs and also serve as the representative for the organization
- Launch and develop marketing strategies for new programs and services
- Assist with planning and logistics of major events and development campaigns
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, communications, public relations or other relevant field
- Bachelors degree in marketing, public relations, or related field preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator), and web design
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Management experience preferred
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Strong ability to multi-task while paying attention to detail
- Ability to work with different types of audiences
- Ability to create videos for online content
Please email your resume to email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS please.
Part Time 20- 30 hours per week
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing daily sanitation of kennel areas according to Pawmetto Lifeline protocols
- Assuring all animals are cared for
regarding food, water, daily exercise and appropriate living conditions
- Monitoring the health of the animals
If applicant does not have prior animal handling experience they may be required to participate in restraint training prior to being hired. The successful candidate must be available to work weekends and holidays. Supervised by the Director of Animal Care.
Applicants should be highly motivated with an interest in helping animals, must be comfortable handling all breeds of cats and dogs, must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, bend and reach; control large dogs on a leash; handle cats without fear; work with a variety of cleaning agents; work in an environment with changes in climate and weather extremes.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE