Thank you for your interest in Pawmetto Lifeline. Open positions listed below.
- Shelter Veterinarian
- Spay/Neuter Veterinarian
- Spay/Neuter Vet Tech
- Animal Care Specialist
- Interdepartmental Animal Care Assistant
- Adoption Counselor
- Care-a-Van Veterinarian
- HEART Director
Please know we are ALWAYS in need of volunteer assistance. Learn more about volunteer opportunities here.
At Pawmetto Lifeline our mission is to promote the humane treatment of animals and people through education, advocacy and services. Our organization is seeking an exceptional individual as a Veterinarian to join our team.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The shelter veterinarian is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the medical and surgical care of shelter animals. The ideal candidate should be independent with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at once in an efficient manner. The shelter veterinarian is committed to animal welfare and has a compelling need to make a difference in the lives of the animals as well as the humans he/she encounters.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage all veterinary medical care related to shelter animals, implementing practices and protocols related to shelter medicine
- Responsible for the medical health and well being of sheltered animals, including but not limited to sterilization, quarantine issues, and ethics of the shelter medical practice
- Responsible for triage, stabilizing ill and injured animals, diagnosing and treating medical conditions, anesthetizing animals, and performing surgery
- Advise on placement/euthanasia decisions
- Oversee and trains veterinary technicians, assistants, and volunteers with medical background.
- Required to be on call as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interest in internal medicine
- Strong interest in working up challenging cases
- Creative problem solving skills
- Team player who works well with others
- High degree of computer literacy
- Adaptability to a paperless environment
- Doctoral Degree in Veterinary Medicine from accredited institution
- Valid SC Veterinary License
- Working knowledge of companion animal care/adoption issues
- Previous clinical experience in shelters/fast-paced veterinary setting
- Minimum two years’ experience in lead veterinarian position
Pawmetto lifeline offers competitive salary and benefits (including medical insurance and paid vacation). Salary commensurate with experience.
Qualifying candidates should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Summary: Responsible for daily care and sterilization of all surgical patients and maintenance of preventative health programs and medical protocol. Quality patient care is first and foremost.
1) Examine animals pre-op to determine their ability to withstand surgery.
2) Perform surgical sterilizations.
3) Examine animals post-op as necessary to ensure appropriate healing.
4) Inoculate animals and provide recommendations for follow up care.
5) Supervise cleaning program for prevention of infectious/zoonotic disease.
6) Continue research and maintenance of safe and efficacious medical protocol regarding anesthesia and surgery.
7) Supervise handling and recording of controlled substances by veterinary technicians.
8) Supervise handling and recording of controlled substances by veterinary technicians.
9) Supervise post-op rechecks and order of medical treatments as necessary to ensure complete surgical recovery.
10) Actively promote spay and neuter, and educate clients on responsible animal ownership.
11) Actively support associate staff and volunteers, and promote the development of skills related to the advancement of our goals and mission.
12) Represent Pawmetto Lifeline in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
Pawmetto Lifeline offers competitive salary and benefits (including medical insurance and paid vacation). Salary commensurate with experience.
Qualifying candidates should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Pawmetto Lifeline is currently seeking a compassionate and energetic Veterinary Technician to work in our High-Volume, High Quality Spay/Neuter Clinic.
Candidates for this position must be hard-working, goal oriented, reliable and be willing to work long hours, sometimes under strenuous conditions. Our clinic team performs 40 or more surgeries a day in order to help reach our goal of ending pet overpopulation and making the Midlands a No-Kill Community. Experience as a vet tech or vet assistant is REQUIRED. This is a full time position.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Part Time 20- 30 hours per week
Pawmetto Lifeline is an non profit organization formed to address pet overpopulation in South Carolina through education, rescue collaboration, adoption, and medical services.
Summary of Job Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to perform daily sanitation of kennel areas according to Pawmetto Lifeline protocols, assure all animals are cared for regarding food, water, daily exercise and appropriate living conditions, and monitor the health of the animals. If applicant does not have prior animal handling experience they may be required to participate in restraint training prior to being hired. The successful candidate must be available to work weekends and holidays. Supervised by the Director of Animal Care.
Applicants should be highly motivated with an interest in helping animals, must be comfortable handling all breeds of cats and dogs, must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, bend and reach; control large dogs on a leash; handle cats without fear; work with a variety of cleaning agents; work in an environment with changes in climate and weather extremes.
Please email your resume to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
This position will work between departments. The main areas of responsibility will be working on the Mobile Vaccination Clinic, Care A Van; assisting in the Spay/ Neuter clinic; and animal care. Candidates for this position must be hard-working, self-motivated, reliable, and willing to work every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to, assisting clients with paperwork, entering paperwork into our computer system, driving vans to locations, handling and restraining cats and dogs for vaccines and blood draws, assisting with set up and breakdown of sites, assist with stocking vans, talking to clients about services offered and explaining products, cleaning kennels, and assisting in all areas. If applicant does not have prior animal handling experience they may be required to participate in restraint training prior to being hired. The successful candidate must be available to work every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Work days can be up to 15 hours a day and the work is outside.
Desired Qualifications: Associates Degree and two years of customer service experience. Applicants should be highly motivated with an interest in helping animals, veterinary experience is preferred, but outstanding applicants with any animal experience will be considered, Must be comfortable handling all breeds of cats and dogs, Excellent people skills are a must, Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, withstand long hours standing and walking, and also be willing to work in weather extremes. The successful candidate will be very organized and able to work fast under pressure.
Interested parties can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Pawmetto Lifeline is currently seeking a highly motivated sales person with a proven track record of success to join our Adoptions team. Qualified individuals will be familiar with both dog and cat breeds as well animal behavior to best match adoptive families with pets. The ideal candidate will be highly goal-oriented and results-driven. Salary will be performance-based and commensurate to experience.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Looking to revive your passion for being a veterinarian? Work 30 hours a week and get paid for a full time position with benefits!
Pawmetto Lifeline is seeking veterinarians who are interested in a balance with work and family. We are in search of a SC Licensed Veterinarian to work with our mobile vaccine clinic.
Our service is designed to provide pet owners with convenient access to low-cost vaccines and products to keep their dogs and cats healthy. Our service operates in various locations throughout South Carolina Friday through Sunday each week. Proceeds directly benefit Pawmetto Lifeline’s mission of saving the lives of homeless pets.
We have positions available and want motivated individuals like you to join our team. Current hospital owners, newly Licensed DVM graduates and retired Veterinarians who have an active license are all welcome to apply. VERY competitive pay and benefits package to include two weeks paid vacation, holidays off and more. No on call hours required. You must be licensed in South Carolina and capable of working in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Administer vaccines, heartworm tests and microchips
• Excellent communication skills
• Enjoys interactive experience with clients
• Ability to work Friday afternoons, Saturday & Sunday
• Adjust to a
fast-paced work environment
• Able to work outdoors year-round
If you want to enjoy being a veterinarian again, please send your resume to Janet Bartram at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HEART (Help Every Animal Reach Tomorrow): A cooperative project between Pawmetto Lifeline, City of Columbia, Richland County Animal Services, and Lexington County Animal Services
This program is designed and intended to increase live release rates (animals leaving the shelter alive) through rescue collaboration/transfer via the HEART program.
Our HEART program gives hard-to-place or urgent animals a second chance at life if adoption opportunities have failed.
• We collaborate with animal rescue groups at local, regional and national levels to help place municipal shelter pets as an alternative to euthanasia.
• We work together with animal advocates to bring awareness that the Midlands has a severe pet overpopulation problem and the only way of improving these numbers is to work collectively.
Director of HEART's responsibilities:
• While this position requires a person with a passion for saving lives, the Director must work well with the municipal shelter staff and rescue organizations.
• Have an open mind with the end goal of saving lives
• Implement the highest standards of customer service
• Must thrive on achieving the end results, realizing the need for constant communication and cultivation of our Placement Partners
• Understanding the rescue person's perspective is a huge asset to this model
• The Director must remain objective.
• Good judgment is a must and the results of that judgment must be considered.
• The Director needs to focus on the management of the HEART program while HEART staff is focused on a daily checklist of duties (determined by the director) that need to be done in order to save as many lives as possible.
• Ensure that the website is updated immediately once the animal has a confirmed rescue as this is a life and death issue for the animal.
The Director’s position is established to initiate and execute a successful rescue transfer program. The person in this position will be responsible for overseeing all interaction with approved rescue organizations and the facilitation of animal transfers. The Director will be responsible for the recruitment, cultivation and stewardship of the rescue organizations. The Director must be goal driven and able to work under very tight timelines. A positive attitude, strong worth ethic and commitment to the organization’s mission is critical to the success of this HEART program.
The Director will report to the CEO on all aspects of the program.
Salary is based on experience.
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
For more information about Pawmetto Lifeline go to pawmettolifeline.org
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.