Thank you for your interest in Pawmetto Lifeline. Open positions listed below.
Please know we are ALWAYS in need of volunteer assistance. Learn more about volunteer opportunities here.
Chief of Medicine
At Pawmetto Lifeline our mission is to promote the humane treatment of animals and people through education, advocacy and services. Our organization is seeking an exceptional individual as a Veterinarian/Chief Medical Officer to join our team.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The Chief Medical Officer is responsible for providing leadership and direction for the medical and surgical care of shelter animals. The ideal candidate should be independent with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at once in an efficient manner. The Chief Medical Officer is committed to animal welfare and has a compelling need to make a difference in the lives of the animals as well as the humans he/she encounters.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage all veterinary medical care related to shelter animals, implementing practices and protocols related to shelter medicine
- Responsible for the medical health and well being of sheltered animals, including but not limited to sterilization, quarantine issues, and ethics of the shelter medical practice
- Responsible for triage, stabilizing ill and injured animals, diagnosing and treating medical conditions, anesthetizing animals, and performing surgery
- Advise on placement/euthanasia decisions
- Oversee and trains veterinary technicians, assistants, and volunteers with medical background.
- Required to be on call as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interest in internal medicine
- Strong interest in working up challenging cases
- Creative problem solving skills
- Team player who works well with others
- High degree of computer literacy
- Adaptability to a paperless environment
- Doctoral Degree in Veterinary Medicine from accredited institution
- Valid SC Veterinary License
- Working knowledge of companion animal care/adoption issues
- Previous clinical experience in shelters/fast-paced veterinary setting
- Minimum two years’ experience in lead veterinarian position
Pawmetto lifeline offers competitive salary and benefits (including medical insurance and paid vacation). Salary commensurate with experience.
Qualifying candidates should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part Time 20- 30 hours per week
Pawmetto Lifeline is an non profit organization formed to address pet overpopulation in South Carolina through education, rescue collaboration, adoption, and medical services.
Summary of Job Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to perform daily sanitation of kennel areas according to Pawmetto Lifeline protocols, assure all animals are cared for regarding food, water, daily exercise and appropriate living conditions, and monitor the health of the animals. If applicant does not have prior animal handling experience they may be required to participate in restraint training prior to being hired. The successful candidate must be available to work weekends and holidays. Supervised by the Director of Animal Care.
Applicants should be highly motivated with an interest in helping animals, must be comfortable handling all breeds of cats and dogs, must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, bend and reach; control large dogs on a leash; handle cats without fear; work with a variety of cleaning agents; work in an environment with changes in climate and weather extremes.
Please email your resume to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
These job descriptions are not all-inclusive but rather are meant as a guide relating to the purpose of the overall positions.