100% of Proceeds Help Homeless Pets in Need!
Care-A-Van is a true mobile vaccine service designed to provide pet owners with convenient access to low-cost vaccines and products to keep their dogs and cats healthy. We offer Rabies, DHPP, FVRCP, Bordetella, Influenza and Feline Leukemia vaccines. We also provide heartworm testing, FeLV/FIV combo tests and microchipping.
The service operates in various locations throughout South Carolina, and operates on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays only. On Fridays, we are local in Columbia, SC and Saturdays and Sundays, we are mobile all over SC.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.
Vaccines and Tests
- DHPP - $10.00 (puppies will need a series of 4)
- Rabies - $10.00
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough) - $20.00
- Influenza (Canine Flu) - $20.00
- Dogs Misc
- Heartworm Test - $20.00 (required for all dogs over 6 months old prior to selling heartworm prevention)
- Microchip - $25.00
- Puppy Dewormer - $4.00
- Adult Dewormer - $15.00
- FVRCP - $10.00 (kittens will need a series of 4)
- Rabies - $10.00
- Feline Leukemia - $20.00
- Cats Misc
- Feline Combo Test - $20.00
- Microchip - $25.00
- Kitten Dewormer - $4.00
Care-A-Van carries the following products for canines and felines. Prices based on weight:
- Advantage Multi
- Tri-Heart Plus
- Interceptor Plus
- Tapeworm tablets
Prescriptions for purchasing heartworm and flea preventions - $5.00
Please allow 72 hours for responses to all requests and inquiries.
- Please make sure ALL CATS are the carriers and ALL DOGS are on leashes.
- PLEASE NOTE: Scheduled times can be fluid as we try to see every customer at every scheduled stop. We appreciate your patience if some of the scheduled times run late. We will update this on Twitter.
- PLEASE KEEP YOUR PETS IN YOUR VEHICLES WITH THE APPROPRIATE HEAT OR AIR CONDITIONING ON UNTIL WE ARRIVE.
- If you have found a pet wearing a Care-A-Van rabies tag, please email email@example.com with the tag color, number and pet description. Please temporarily care for the pet until we can reach the owner. If you cannot home the pet for the night, contact a local veterinarian or Animal Control office. We need your help to get this pet home safe!
- To place a mail order for Flea/Heartworm products or for any general questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, email address, phone number, dog or cat's name and age, date and result of last heartworm test, date and location of last Care-A-Van visit, and your order request
- Our team is in the field on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and will check emails and voice messages on Monday mornings.(NOTE: If you would like to purchase any product from the Care-A-Van, you must have proof that we have physically seen your pet within the past 12 months.)
- For a copy of your pet's shot records, please email us at email@example.com with your name, address, phone number and dog or cat's name. WE WILL NEED TO KNOW THE DATE AND LOCATION YOU WERE SEEN. Please note, all replacement records require a $5 replacement fee. Replacement rabies tags cost an additional $5 each.
- Please allow 72 hours for responses to all requests and inquiries for records or orders.
- Be prepared for the weather. If it is hot, please bring towels for your dog to stand on and water. Pets should remain in an air conditioned vehicle (or in the shade) until the veterinarian calls them.
- Make sure that your dog is on a leash, less than 6 feet long.
- Bring all cats in a crate or carrier. We administer all cat vaccines inside the Care-A-Van for the safety of the cat. Please let our staff know you have a cat for services as soon as your arrive.
- If you have a cat or a brachiocephalic dog (any dog that has a short muzzle such as pugs, bulldogs, boxers, etc), please keep them in an air-conditioned vehicle until time for their vaccinations. They are much more susceptible to the heat.
- We accept cash, check, credit and debit cards. There is a credit card machine available on the Care-A-Van. However, we recommend that you bring cash or check as a backup form of payment in case the credit card machine is not working due to no signal in certain areas.
- Make sure to clean up after your pet. Please leave our sites clean.
- Be patient when waiting for your turn to be seen by the veterinarian. We are at the location for a short period; however, we do not end the visit until every client that arrives during our scheduled time has been seen.
- Bring any and all paperwork that corresponds to the pet that you are bringing to the Care-A-Van. We can only administer certain services (such as selling flea/heartworm preventative) if we have seen the pet within 12 months. Please make sure that if we have seen your pet within the past 12 months to have proof of documentation of their last visit with us.
- Please do not block any roadways, entrances, doors, etc.
- We DO NOT operate during thunderstorms. Please stay in your vehicle until the storm has passed. We will resume services when the lightning has passed.